WIBIT is the giant floating inflatable obstacle course made up of different modules for balancing, climbing, jumping and sliding.
For dates and times please refer to bookings below - please note WIBIT is not available on all dates and times.
WIBIT is for individuals aged 6 years and older who are competent swimmers. Wibit is situated in our 3-metre deep water pool. A parent or guardian may be required to accompany children onto WIBIT depending on the child’s ability/mobility, at the discretion of supervisor ($6 for supporting parent/guardian).
Online Pre-Bookings Essential
Your WIBIT 45-minute booking, commences on the hour. Please arrive at Event Entry 15 minutes prior to your booking start time to check-in, organise your life jacket and to be directed to the WIBIT start area. We recommend arriving ready to swim.
No other pool or area is included in this booking
Please note that under 10 year olds must be actively supervised by a parent/guardian at all times.
See the full Watch Around Water Supervision Policy below which includes parent to children ratios
Watch Around Water Policy Information
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years oldAll Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 10 years oldAll Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
Birthday PartiesAll children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
All birthday party participants must wear a BLUE wristband AND an age based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party (effective September 1 2019). The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/children will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Visit the watch around water websiteFor more information visit the Watch Around Water website: http://www.watcharoundwater.org.au
|Please use the participant name when booking.
Spectators do not require a booking, however must provide details on entry for contact tracing purposes.
|CASUAL - 1 x 45 minute - $12
MEMBER-1 x 45 minute - $0
SUPPORTING PARENT/GUARDIAN - 1 x 45 minute session - $6
Terms and Conditions - WIBIT
Patrons are required to COVID-SAfe Check-in by using the free mySA Gov App for South Australian Government contact tracing purposes under the Public Activities Direction.
If you do not have a compatible smartphone, a paper record will be available for you to provide your details. Patrons are required to have the confirmation green tick ready to show staff after they have scanned the Centre's QR Code. If you choose not to provide your details, you may be refused entry.
1. You can book in for the following under the following categories:
a. Casual - 1 x 45 minute
b. Member -1 x 45 minute - Must possess an active SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre Membership corresponding to name provided in booking. Please note that for Swimming Lessons, that the student enrolled in lessons is the member.
c. Supporting Parent - 1 x 45-minute session - Typically younger children (6 or 7 year olds) require a supporting parent to accompany the child on the WIBIT (supporting adult $5). If you do not have a parent/guardian accompanying a child onto the WIBIT who needs assistance, the supervisor may deem it necessary and provide instruction to do so. Please follow the direction of staff on the day.
2. Online pre-bookings are required.
3. Refunds are not available. Your booking time can be changed via the confirmation email's "manage booking" option.
4. We recommend each individual makes a booking for no more than one session per day to maximum of 3 bookings per week. This is to allow many people in our community to access the Centre.
5. We recommend booking no earlier than 48 hours prior to the session commencing.
7. Patrons are to bring own water bottles. No other food or drink is permitted into the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre.
8. For contact tracing purposes and for traffic flow and social distancing purposes visitors and members, who are attending the centre for WIBIT, must pre-book their session, providing their contact details upon booking. Members and Multi-visit pass holders must also bring their access card or wristband to scan at the Centre on entry. If required, replacement cards and wristbands are available at the front desk for $8.
Social distancing, safety, health and hygiene
10. The patron is responsible for adhering to social distancing, health and hygiene guidelines:
a. Always keep a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others.
b. Adhere to assigned entry and exit points
c. Shower before entering the pools
d. Stay home, do not attend your booked session and seek testing if you have the following symptoms:
ii. Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
iv. Unexplained loss of smell or altered sense of taste
v. Chills and body aches or muscle pain
vi. A sore throat
viii. Runny nose
e. Wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes
11. To use the WIBIT you must be a minimum age of 6 years. Typically, younger children (6 or 7 year olds) require a supporting parent to accompany the child on the WIBIT (supporting adult $5). This is at the discretion of the supervisor. Please follow the direction of staff.
12. WIBIT is situated in a deep-water pool which is a minimum depth of 3 metres.
a. The patron is responsible for ensuring they are confident of their swimming ability in a deep-water environment.
13. Spectators must provide contact details at entry for contact tracing requirements.
14. As per the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre’s Supervision Policy. Children under the age of 10 must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Swimmers under 10 years of age can be accompanied by one parent who is not swimming. There is an allocated seating area on pool deck for supervising parents/guardian. Please note that for children 10 years and older who are competent swimmers in 3-metre deep water, a parent is not required to be present in the Centre.
15.The patron must adhere to the standard Conditions of Entry to the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre (view them here)
16. Vulnerable and elderly people with chronic health conditions should speak to their doctor about what is appropriate for them
17. Please arrive at the Event entry 15 minutes prior to your session commencing for check-in, life jacket fitting, and to be directed to the WIBIT.
18 Please arrive ready to swim in bathers.
19. A maximum of 2 swimmers per Lap Swimming Lane is observed.
20. Do not enter the water until your pre-booked time.
21. The 45-minute booking consists of one hour in the facility, commencing on the hour. Lifeguards will provide instructions when it is time to exit the pool, prepare to exit the Centre and collect your belongings. Patrons must depart the centre prior to the next hour commencing.
22. Late arrivals must participate within their booking hour and cannot carry over into the next hour.
Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions of entry may result in restrictions for further bookings.